We are always hearing of leaders winning awards and then being interviewed on the news media and wondering how they got there. The most notorious of these serial winners has to be James Mwangi the Equity Bank boss who in the last two years has won everything that could be won.
We at NairobiLiving.com understand your plight and need to win awards and be feted continentally so we look for opportunities for those who come to this blog. Why don’t you try for the African Awards for Entrepreneurship 2013 kind sir/madam? What awards are these you wonder?
These awards are brought to you by the African Leadership Network and the Omidyar Network. The awards see folks being asked to nominate their favourite African company for the awards which are open until July 18th, 2013.
The awards are currently in their 5th year and have grown into the biggest and most prestigious business and entrepreneurship awards in Africa. The awards have given over USD 1.5 million to 30 impressive African companies selected from over 30 000 applicants. So you get an award and some handy cash to do what you must. Not bad.
Seeing as you are already drooling over the chance of getting your mitts on some awards and cash the categories you want to find yourself nominated are;
The five categories featured in this year’s programme are:
• LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – Awarded to a senior African business leader who has served as an entrepreneurial icon for several decades and has left an enduring legacy of success in Africa
• TRANSFORMATIONAL BUSINESS AWARD – Citation and trophy awarded to a notable business leader who has had a major socio-economic impact in Africa by building a business with revenues greater than US$50 million
• OUTSTANDING MATURE BUSINESS AWARD – US$100 000 prize to a business leader who has built a company with revenues between US$5Million and US$50million
• OUTSTANDING SMALL AND GROWING BUSINESS – US$50 000 prize to young, remarkable African business with revenues between US$500k – US$5Million
• SOCIAL ENTPREPRENEUR AWARD (NEW) – US$50 000 prize awarded to an outstanding enterprise that has a demonstrated socio-economic and environmental impact, while blending profitability and sustainability in its business model. To be eligible, companies must demonstrate revenues of between US$ 150 000 and US$2.5 million in the last financial year.
Sounds like something you want in on? Well then you want to fill in the application form on www.africaawards.com.
You can also nominate a company that has impressed you by sending us their name, and contact details to aaeATafricanleadershipnetwork.com.